The safety of the smallest of the house starts at home. Although all members of the family have the same chances of suffering an accident, it is the children who suffer the most frequently, as they are more vulnerable. Statistics show that it is in homes, where children up to 4 years old suffer accidents to a greater extent. The most frequent are falls, blows, burns and drownings.
Accidents in homes are one of the high points for children. One of the consequences of having a dangerous house and that does not take into account is a present risk is that the smallest or the biggest of the house can fall and break a tooth, if that happened to you, do not let the situation remain unsolved, go as fast as possible with the best dentist in Mexico.
Implementing safety plans in the home is fundamental for the safety of children. Nothing is safe enough to care for the little ones!
A safer home for children
the most frequent accidents in the home are caused by falls (41.4 percent), crushing, cuts and tears (22.6 percent), blows or shocks (13.0 percent), thermal effects or burns (9 , 6 percent) and physical exertion or exhaustion (4.2 percent).
we must try to keep the children always supervised by a responsible adult person, apart from adopting some basic safety measures, advised by the Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs for greater safety of our children:
1. You should never leave them alone. It is necessary to avoid that they remain long alone in any room without periodic surveillance of an adult. Do not allow under any circumstances that a small child remains in the bathtub playing with the water without the proper supervision of an adult. You have to fill the bathtub with the essential amount of water and watch children during the bath and people with some type of disability who are at risk of falling.
2. Avoid fatal misfortunes, such as drowning. The pools, rafts or wells in the house must be fenced and their doors closed, it being advisable to protect their surface. During the summer holidays you should not lose sight of the little ones at the beach, swimming pool. It is advisable to stimulate the teaching of swimming at an early age. You should not enter the pool abruptly, especially after eating. You have to educate the children to make a correct digestion.
3. The toys. Safe toys must not have sharp pieces, sharp corners, or be made of toxic materials. Their size will be large enough to prevent them from entering their mouths and swallowing them. Avoid playing in dangerous places: stairs, windows, balconies, as well as in the vicinity of holes, wells, swimming pools, etc.
4. Protect the plugs from the electrical network. There are small devices that can be found in stores specializing in children’s products, to avoid that the youngest, out of curiosity, introduce their fingers or some other small object in the plugs of the house. That could cause a shock by the electric current.
5. Monitor the use of gas stoves and stoves. Always monitor the gas cut-off valve in the kitchen. If you are not cooking, you should try to keep the key cut. The same must be done with gas stoves. You have to avoid sleeping with them on.
6. Be careful with the kitchen. Do not cook with the child in your arms or leave it on the floor near the kitchen. Burns are highly dangerous. Try to keep the child away at all costs from the kitchen.
7. Store dangerous products far away from children and babies. Place cleaning products and other potentially toxic products on shelves or upholstered furniture to prevent ingestion. Try to prevent children from having access to alcoholic beverages. No objects that pose a choking or choking hazard should be available to children (plastic bags, coins, buttons, …). Keep medicines under lock and key.